Raf Simons and his genderless AW21 collection
Baggy clothes and genderless fits have taken over a huge part of street fashion, and it has not gone unnoticed. I'm not just referring to unisex sweatpants. These days, I see less and less skinny jeans, and an increased amount of loose-fitting trousers, paired with roomy t-shirts and oversized sweaters.
It isn't just for the comfort, either: it's a statement- and it's loud and clear. The clothes you wear do not define your gender, and certainly do not define how you feel about your body. Raf Simons has demonstrated that he appreciates this and has done so with his new collection. Here are some shots:
These are only a few looks of Simon's inspired collection. And I'm not just here to talk about the street wear. Raf envisioned an environment where it is rare to find genderless clothing, an environment where it is necessary to break the norms: the office. Many of his looks include formal work-wear with an androgynous twist. In my eyes, the combination of colours and gender neutral pieces is proof that Raf Simons is a genius.




Comments
Post a Comment